10 of my fave movies







Human Traffic 


If you want to have an idea what going out partying in the late ‘90s and early ’00 was like, this is the movie for you. It is quite authentic. The whole getting hyped and ready cos’ you’re going out. Picking up friends and getting together. It literally took half a day and it was fun. You catch up, dance YOU FUCKING danced lol is like people don’t do that no more. The drug scene and all that. It brings back so many memories and might seem a bit out of space if you don’t know about that era, but I love it. Every group had one of these characters, the dude who got high af, the cool girl, the sexy one etc etc and of course talking about the craziest things you can possibly imagine and arguing about it lol. Literally arguing with a friend who believed this story of a man going into a cave getting shot dead and coming out alive hhahhahaha. Yeah…some times. 





The Matrix


WELL, lemmeeee tell you! Watching The Matrix for the first time in the movie theater was shocking. Everything about it was new af. The story, style, SPECIAL EFFECTS!!! I was just in awe. A first for me, went back to see it two more times, then the lines from the movie became like a pre-game ritual lol. There is nooo spooon! Now in 2024, it doesn’t seem that far fetched, rather almost becoming. 





Kids


I…well, this movie freaked me the fuck out! I probably was too young to watch it, but man! I remember sitting there in shock like, fuck! And it made me and my friends talk about protective sex and testing. That shocked me even more, cos’ apparently none of them were using protection for the craziest reasons. There was so much talk and stigma about AIDS in the ‘90s and it was very very stereotyped, so watching these kids get infected, the way they get infected …I don’t know it kind of broke me. 






Following


I got this movie at the Public Library, believe it or not! I don’t know what made me pick it, but I def. didn’t regret it because I think is such a great movie. And I don’t even like B&W movies. I think I enjoyed it because is very similar as a story as to anyone who lived in a small town. You’re bored so you kind of get into people watching and is a matter of time before unintentionally every business kind of becomes your business and eventually you get shit for it. But also, the second part, is kind of a lesson that when you think you’re fucking someone up, better check your own arse, you might already been fucked. I love to tell people that lmao Remember, you’re never as smart as you think you are. 






Irréversible


OH! THIS MOVIE! Honeeeeyyy lemme tell you! Lololol! I just wanted to say that. Besides being done so well, and the story on reverse was such a find, it’s probably the only movie EVAH to have made me feel very uncomfortable. I love love Monica Bellucci and she was perfect in this, but man! I did not expect that and was not ready AT ALL! When he says “Don’t you dare ——- on me!” AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Lol I was like huh huh let’s have a cigarette because this is too much. And the dungeon scene? Bradaaaah! 






TÁR


Just magic! I think, whoever understood this movie loved it, then whoever just watched without paying really attention was bored. There’s two parallel stories in this movie. First; A talented woman who seems to have been misusing her power. The movie straightforward gives you enough material to believe that. Clearly on purpose.  BUT if you watch in details, and watch it from a different point of view as if Tár being the victim then you realize you haven't really been watching. Second; Major subject. Can you separate the artist from his work? Personally, I think  depends on artist’s views and what they’ve done. Because that does changes everything. But one can’t help and become a hypocrite, because there’s a lot of people with a troubled past, whose inventions we use everyday, but because of our own needs we skip right past that. 






RocknRolla


OK! Obzzezzed! Lol! What’s a RocknRollaaaaa! I mean…do I have to say anything? Great writing, funny, stylish af, great action. Literally every one on the cast is just superb and definitely one of the best gangster movies EVAH! At least for me. 







Freddy Got Fingered


Don't ask! Hahahaha! I know I’m gonna get shit for this one, but it makes me laugh so hard from start to finish. I think Freddy had to walk so Tik Tok could run. I remember my friend staring at me being like “How can you watch this?!” Man I dunno it just cracks me tf up to this day. When he plays string organ sausage whatever the fuck that is…I’m done! Daddy would you like some sausage?  Hahahahahaha! Probably that’s where Gaga got her meat dress inspo from lol. 






Heartbeats


In love we are delusional. But is it a bad thing? I always thought that falling in love is more of a need than a feeling. Clearly I am a romantic. You get me some white Tulips and I'm won.  In the sense that, we need something to be fulfilled and when we meet someone who provides that for us, we think we’re in love, or we “love” them for that. Is not that one is blinded by love as is thrown so often, is that they need that certain need being provided. Whatever that is. I think, we’d like to think we’re in love, it makes life interesting. That explains why your best friend is always like “Are you stupid?” Hahahhahahaha! I love Xavier Dolan as a director and as an actor. Love everything about this movie, especially since never had to be in this position lol because biiiiiish I’ll drop you off like a pumpkin in October. I don’t know what I’m sayin lol but I love how that sounds. Anyway, def. Not to be missed. 







He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not


As I was saying, in love we are delusional and this is the perfect movie to defend that. It starts as something so innocent and cute and suddenly BAM! What the fuck! The turn of events happens so unexpectedly because Audrey Tautou is so good at selling naivety and romance that you’d never see what’s coming. She makes you feel bad for her then hate her, but then feel bad for her again. You’re constantly manipulated by this movie but…in an interesting way that you kinda like it. 









Powered by Blogger.