MAGAZINE COVERS

I LOVE MAGAZINES! Love everything about them and I’d check and read anything I can get my hands on. No, I don’t speak Chinese, German  or Japanese, but there’s translation available, thank you! So, if something interests me … I have Google and her friends. Before you start judging. Da then! Given, I don’t have time to talk in detail, we just be doing a quick review of the covers I’ve seen in these past weeks. In general I got to say, most of magazines seem like they don’t even try. Most of them seem to not understand that things are changing constantly, pretty fast. I get you have your team and a specific design or structure you have to stay “loyal” to but…maybe not? T: The New York Times Style Magazine is the most visited online magazine with 567+ MILLION visits a month. Quite a contrast from their numbers in print …or as they say it reaches 23 million HIGHLY EDUCATED READERS around the world lmao. Well, thank you! Of course those numbers include international editions and “reaching” is more like 1 magazine being read by a family of 4 lol. Ok, ok so, I’m trying to say; Online is doing something print is not. Is not just the quick information or the ability to search their archives etc. Is the whole way the information is served online and what is being served. Why do you think so many magazines now even have their “digital” covers besides the one in print? And they’re better! So get to work and fix it. I mean, I’m still buying but many others aren’t. I see issues filling the shelves for way to long. Aren’t you worried? Shouldn’t you be? Meh! Advertisers’ll be advertising anyway. 






If I'm looking at the cover and think where can I buy that coat, then job done!




I know is Andrew but if the photographer got any closer, a restraining order might be required. CONFESSIONS...Groundbreaking! 




Was this made with free templates from Canva free edition? Damn! And they have a pic of that dude looking spooky because writers can't tell or read tf spooky is. Got it! Get your spook on hahahahaha! Bradaaaa hahahhahahahha!




She's fallen and she can't get up! Spot the hidden object!  DVF wrote a book about The rules of living well...what's the first rule?  Don't climb libraries at 77? I can't! 


'


OK, what is this? What's happening? I know is Autumn, but they didn't have to go wild with Sepia. I love how this story starts with her saying she was in full disguise and someone recognized her by her voice. Is the voice in the room with us? Hahahahhahahahahahahhahahah! Joking I do like her, I just can't control myself sometimes.




Koreans been doing too much for too long with these kind of looks, is giving '90s Boyband formula. It worked once and now everybody keeps doing the same. I can't wait for their rebel era. 



If you keep doing something ...whatever... the same way long enough, it doesn't matter anymore how bad it is, because it just kind of becomes authentic and it starts making sense. Becomes their aesthetic.  Kind of like is their thing, that's who they are. Like girls who wear shorts, shorts and knee high boots in the Summer.  IT'S THEIR OPINIOOOON! Hahahhaaha! 




Love Harry and he def. looks like  Man About Town. This is a good cover, but M.A.T always does great so, yes! 
 



THIS IS JUST PERFECT! LOVE this cover! I don't wear suits, but now I want to. A River Runs Through...It? lol Somebody was feeling all kind of things lmao.




AAAAAAA! Sepia again! More, more, more! Just like a Billy Idol song! Clearly photo was put together, and somebody must have stepped in, because designer would have covered their faces with titles as well.  Why not? Just go in full! 




I swear I have the same photo (of me of course) on my IG. Is private so, you won't be able, but fuck I feel basic lol. The man of a thousand faces...It was just one movie and 23 personalities but ok! Are they calling him a liar? Hahahahhahaha! Kiddin', I know they mean he's a great actor and gives so many faces...I better stop. Oh, yeah I didn't have to translate that, I know that much Spanish. I'm multilingual bish! Love him. 




Lashana said "Let me show these bitches how is done" and....cut! She's everything here, they din't have to do much. They need to pay her. One of the best covers! 




No it's not you, Charles Meton is hot. I would prefer they had different font colors, but it makes sense in print. Who's paying attention to fonts anyway. 




Interview magazine is my favorite magazine, but these covers lately...ughh! I mean, is not like you get Demi Moore that often on the set, so...behind a fence? Conspiracy theorist gonna be like "Was she trying to tell us something?" Yeah, Why is there a fence? Duh! I don't understand art, I apologize! 



/Wanting, Needing, Waiting, /For you to justify my love/  
It's giving Madonna



POP needs to be ordered with UPS cos' 700+ pages DAMN! They have perfect covers though. I love that there's always some kind of naivety on their cover stars. They look natural, calm, I guess I'm trying to say they show emotions, but it's believable unlike other magazines in which clearly, you can tell they're posing. Also, extra points for featuring RAYE. 




Did they get this idea from a movie poster? I could swear I've seen this somewhere. And that necklace...wow! This seems way too edited and I don't think it was needed. She has better photos on her IG posts. I get it, they're putting her poster up, she's advertising her drink, "country" era staring at her as she moves on to another era. Cute idea. 




Stunning! Just stunning! I wish I could say more but, what else?




Whose idea was this? Is that a Pantone color chart in the background? Don Cheadle is not an upcoming actor, they didn't have to use size 140 on those fonts. Looks done, 5 minutes before deadline. 



You know when you hear people yelling SLAY! That's what they mean! She's serving breakfast, lunch, brunch, coffee, tea time, nap, diner, before and afters, all you can eat, the whooooole menu. Anything but special hour! There's nothing on discount here! They worked!  Now! That's a COVER!




This is so German I can't stop staring. Also, love it! It's loud but it works. It's "vintage" but camp. Perfect for their Die JUBILÄUMSAUSGABE. Like DAAAMN! They had to pay someone just to write that word. 



He looks uncomfortable. And he roars back..Oh that's why he's sitting on a lion. Oh wow! Billboard should know that, people know more latin artists than just J Balvin and Maluma. I mean, FloyyMenor and Cris MJ are killing it. Probably need the exposure more and helps Billboard with the new readers. 






They never have a German artist on the cover. Like never! HOW?! Same with French edition. And it's always some artist from 50 years ago. The only one to break cover was Billie Eilish this June. They have Elvis in 2024 on the cover. OK! And it's the same design. I guess it works. 




I love their covers usually, but I don't know what this is. Looks like they're gone Vogue. Bad Bunny seems to be one of the few male artists who is trying and he doesn't deserve this. 





And people, this is what we call fashioooonuh! How good is this shot and her style?!!! That hat, those gloves, that pose! Just amazing! And I LOVE that there's three hands. 100 years of surrealism after all! Fitting! 




This is my favorite cover of this season! Everything is so perfect. I know Gaga told them NO CURTAINS lol Love Love Love this!




I wish my friends dressed like this when we go out. I live for shit like this. Cover is simple, and bit bland, but she's in charge. She is the cover. And she's a modeeeeeel! Give models their covers back! And of course she's wearing CDG. 




This might seem like a Sears catalog, but I love how unhinged their covers are. Is one of my fave magazines. I don't know I just accept it and learn to love it. That's it. 




This cover of GQ Middle East is from July, but I could not, not post it! It's a movie poster! Just great!




This is the cover someone picks up and says "I want to be them!" So much elegance and class. "Ladies and Ladies"...ok ok! I swear Vogue China has some of the best puns...intended. 




Esquire Singapore used to have the best covers. I don't know what happened...Well I actually do, they have a new Editor and some of them covers are just the usual we see everywhere, some are dreamy, like this one. Is not that they're "bad" is just not, Esquire I guess?




DOECHII hahahahaha! I can't! I don't know, why, how I can't! I know she's bi and I think this is just her being funny, but as weird as it seems I think is a good cover. I'd rather have something that attracts my attention and makes me think, rather than just staring at another pretty face. 




I hate that Hot Topic belt font, but still would have this poster on my wall. Like, supersized. One of those posters, kids say see you later to before they off to school in the movies. 




I mean. Why buy the magazine when you can just read the cover? It is a fitness magazine but it don't have to look like a gym flyer. And maybe, try writing some different articles from time to time. It's literally the same articles since 1987.




Photographer did his job, then the designer was like " I'm gonna put Jenny Walser here, Joe Locke on the right. There, is done!" Probably Times New Roman, why even bother. I know a Twink did this hahahahahaha! 



This is probably one of the best Essence covers I've seen. Jennifer looks stunning. It feels a bit overly edited, but I don't care. Really good cover. 


HERO is another magazine that always delivers. Their covers do remind me of A&F catalogs or their store bags though. I can see this cover as their new Spring Summer campaign. Is not a bad thing just saying. 



Powered by Blogger.