Header Ads

They're "Normal People" , didn't have to be boring too

Daisy Edgar-Jones



Dino Fetscher posted "Normal People" on his IG story, crying his eyes out, literally wiping tears of his eyes, so I was like...I'm def. gonna have to watch this! I need something to make me cry. No, I'm not a crier, but it helps with my eyes, allergy seasons and all. And I'm tired of crying at old "X Factor" and "AGT" auditions on YouTube. The only thing that works for me. I have no clue why, don't even like or watch the shows. But there they play on YouTube and 30 minutes later I'm crying because some guy just got the OK to go wherever they go after the auditions. And I'm thinking "Oh! Look how happy he is!" He's thinking he's gonna be this big star and he has all the talent you know, it might happen. But you know these shows ain't that and this industry don't work like that, so it's gonna crush him! I think that's why I cry.  WTF is wrong with me?! WOW!  Well back to Dino.


After watching the first season (I haven't read the book) I don't know if "Normal People" is supposed to be sarcastic or is just that - normal people, because it can be both. Marianne and Connell are personality wise just boring. They go to the same schools , fall in love and fuck. But they also, are rich (Marianne) and popular (Connell) and both great students... not so normal right? 
Then there's their relationship bringing out the weirdness in their personalities to surface. Get this! Connell's mother is employed by Marianne's family as a cleaner and Marianne has no problem going out with Connell. BUT Connell, doesn't want to be seen with Marianne because? Bitch can we see eye to eye or should I grab a broom so you can concentrate? Meanwhile, Marianne has trouble socializing at school. That bitch bullies a fucking teacher in the first episode. Like, chill bitch let's get to learn your name first. Then she's like "Everybody is mean to me!" Well, they ain't Connell, they ain't fucking you! They don't need to be nice. Anyway people! Shit that we did see coming happens. You know, girl says I just wanna fuck but no boyfriend, but then she wants boyfriend, gets mad why she can't have the boyfriend then quits school. By now I'm ready to sit both of these kids down and explain what needs to be done cos' I ain't got 12 episodes for this! And it was at that moment, that the story moves on to college. There was hope, till it wasn't. Things have changed. Marianne smokes now. OK! I'm gonna spare you this. It goes back and forth for episodes till the end. They fuck, they wanna be together then they don't in every freaking episode. It does bring to mind "Love Me If You Dare" minus all the fun. There's no dark humor, there's no painful drama, no great dialogue and even sex scenes are boring and unnecessary. It hurts saying this since they are both hot and their chemistry is strong. Maybe, could have worked better, much better if everything was cut to six instead of twelve episodes, so you don't lose interest but don't let Cosmopolitan magazine, fool you. Is not as good as they made it seem. 

I did love Daisy Edgar-Jones (Marianne) and Paul Mescal (Connell). Their acting is superb and the main reason why I kept watching the show. They've worked mostly on TV but after this, should be heading to the big screen in no time. I certainly hope so, because they deserve it. I don't think I'm pushing it when I say that Daisy might be the next British star crossing over. I really do love her.

Who's this show for?
People who just got out of a long messy relationship. People who love to say "he/she was the one who got away". And every fucking Gemini thinking is not obsessive to call someone 100 times in an hour or just show up without notice.  Hold on let me just check something one second




ghhjkdhjdhjkdsbghjkfcbgdibfhkdkjhb  DINO IS A GEMINI ikhcdiuehbwcjkwhcfbfchks I CAN'T! But he's ok I luv him still. 




Powered by Blogger.