What happened to soundtracks?





Soundtracks have always been one of the best promotional elements in a movie and even a singer’s career. I mean, think of Berlin, and right away you’re thinking of Top Gun. Yet, the band has 9 albums out. Think of Dirty Dancing, and first thing that comes to mind is IIII haaad the time of my liiiiife lol. The Bodyguard, sold 50 million copies of its soundtrack. Saturday Night Fever 40 millions and so on. It was so important that it used to be advertised along with the movie trailer and it put so many new artists on the map. And it still is important and powerful! I was looking at the charts and I see Madonna and N’Sync charting and I’m like wtf is happening in Germany (It was the German chart) then I went to see Deadpool & Wolverine and I was like “Oh, Ok!” So…why film studios and record labels are not advertising soundtracks no more? Why is everybody out of sudden so lazy? It’s like, well social media will take care of it. Ok, but doesn’t that seem naive? And I can’t stand it when people be like, well times are changing. Nope! Technology is changing, the way we use things are changing, but everything else circles around the same formula since people discovered fire. I don’t know, just an observation. Then you have someone be like, yeah the sales are poor because people don’t buy don’t this , don’t that. Nuh, it’s you! 


Powered by Blogger.