Header Ads

Sex and the Menopause




Meanwhile in Midtown Manhattan, as HBO announced the reunion of Sexy And The City, I couldn't help but wonder, were reunions really necessary? So far, every one of them has been disappointing and disastrous. And more importantly. Was Samantha ok with this? So,  I decided, after such a long time to  reconnect  by leaving a comment on her Instagram. In a true Samantha style, she pretty much told me to fuck off. Not only did that backfire, it also made public the fact that we don't get along. I had forgotten about that, just as I would hoped she'd forget about it as well for the old times sake and be the Sexy in the city again. Without Samantha, I was afraid there wouldn't be any sex (left) in the city. And I know better than anyone, that New York is New York because of its people, otherwise it would be just another city, like Philadelphia. And who wants to be Philadelphia in 2021, people barely want to be New York. Today everybody wants to be global, even though we all know how that turned out. Yet, here I am. Still single, a feminist icon as kids like to say, but I don't know if that's a compliment, since a lot of people are considered icons these days. Am I better than them, worse than them? Can't I just be me? As Miranda used to say "I have panties older than these kids". What can I offer them this time around? We used to joke about AARP cards 20 years ago, now we have them. Don't let JLO fool you! 50s are not the new anything. Now I'm offered Cosmos everywhere I go because - Hello I'm fuckin Carrie! - really though, fucking stop it! We know the IT drink of '20s is wine. Can't even handle the damn thing anymore. Second one and want to go home. Quit smoking. Is not like you can smoke anywhere anyway, and fuck if you post a photo with a cigarette! The comments! This generation talks about pills and weed as if it was candy but damn it if you smoke a cigarette. Miranda is dating a woman. Big surprise there! Charlotte is dealing with her kid's transition. No, I haven't seen Big or Aidan and I'm over that conversation. Last time I heard one was doing network and the other Netflix, so that should give you a hint. Am I supposed to still be writing a column in this shit? Like, does anyone even read anymore...let alone Vogue magazine! And didn't we say that everyone with be pansexual in the future? What can we predict now? Everything seems pretty much out there. I cannot not be avant-garde! Maybe love in the very late 50s? Isn't that menopausal? It's hard to doubt HBO, but should I? Since the Sex part is left out, and so is writing, my popular exes, drink, smoke and my osteoporosis I think fashion is all that's left. Well that or Charlotte and Miranda's family drama that will be so fucking misunderstood in the '20s that will ruin everything. So. Fashion is always a good idea though. Have you seen the style these days? Sweatshirts are the new Alta Moda, no one knows Manolo and they call Louboutins, red bottoms. Somebody call Patricia. We're giving the city a makeover. A so much needed makeover. Move over twink I'm Carrie!

And, just like that...They moved us to HBOMax



Powered by Blogger.